Re: why use guile?

Anthony Martin wrote:

> Design 1:                     Design 2:
>
> libgnome  gtk  gwm  etc.      libgnome  gtk  gwm  etc.
>     |      |    |    |            |      |    |    |
>     ------------------            ------------------
>              |                             |
>            guile                         CORBA
>                          ----------------------------------
>                        guile  Python  Perl  Tcl  C  C++  etc.
>
> Does GNOME use Design 1, or Design 2, or both?  If it uses Design 1, or
> both, why?  Isn't Design 2 the best?

Because it is slow. I would not surprise me if version 2 produces 5 or
more calls overhead for every GTK call from Guile.

GORBA is nice, but I think it can be used only for a higher level of
abstraction (addressbook etc.) (although your harddisk is a flexible
storage there is also ram in your computer)

-- http://www.ping.de/sites/aibon/