Re: Wasted time & Newsreaders

Much as I found it hard to get through to Ryoga on the word processor
issue, I fully agree with him that we should not turn enthusiastic
developers off just because we are so wise.

It is said that when Wolfgang Pauli was doing some of his work on
Quantum Mechanics, J. Robert Oppenheimer told him that it would not
work.  Oppenheimer was very smart and could see far ahead, and was
right about the problem that Pauli would encounter.  But Pauli charged
ahead anyway.  He came to the problem Oppenheimer had predicted, but
once he was at that point he was able to find a way around it.

Still, it is useful for people to propose an idea (sometimes called a
whitepaper) to the newsgroup for feedback.  They should learn from the
feedback, but not be turned off from hacking!