Re: Database for gnome
- From: Peter Norton <spacey inch com>
- To: Gianluca Montecchi <gm518464 silab dsi unimi it>
- Cc: Miguel de Icaza <miguel nuclecu unam mx>, schuller lunatech com, gnome-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Database for gnome
- Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 12:57:39 -0500
On Mon, Feb 09, 1998 at 05:00:29PM +0100, Gianluca Montecchi wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Feb 1998, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> > Ok.
> > Well, then I would preffer if the Database front end would be designed
> > to plug directly into the free databases, this probably includes
> > Postgress.
> > We can leave the task of talking to other databases to contributors.
> > But we should target the free code
> Perhaps it is the better way.
I agree that free databasen should receive first attention, but we should
design a tool and an access method that is broader then just the free
database world. I think that to really do the job the database interface
should be able to accomodate the programmer in an effort to use everything
from accessing files to working on a remote RDBMS, of any kind. I'm not
presuming that it can or should be able to do this without any seams, or
with a uniform interface - just that it should be able to work w/ all of
] [Thread Prev