Re: Database for gnome
- From: Gianluca Montecchi <gm518464 silab dsi unimi it>
- To: Miguel de Icaza <miguel nuclecu unam mx>
- cc: schuller lunatech com, gnome-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Database for gnome
- Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 17:00:29 +0100 (MET)
On Fri, 6 Feb 1998, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> > The problem with all database interfaces is that none of them
> > standardize the protocol going over the wire. When I began reading up on
> > ODBC, that was a shocking revelation: it only defines entry points in a
> > (shared) library.
> Well, then I would preffer if the Database front end would be designed
> to plug directly into the free databases, this probably includes
> We can leave the task of talking to other databases to contributors.
> But we should target the free code
Perhaps it is the better way.
Member of the Pluto Linux Users Group
Avaible e-mail address:
email@example.com (-) firstname.lastname@example.org
Web page: http://www.silab.dsi.unimi.it/~gm518464
For Linux questions please mail to email@example.com
] [Thread Prev