Re: Is DPS a first-level component of GNOME?

Graham Hughes <graham.hughes@resnet.ucsb.edu> writes:

> It takes me the same 5 seconds to start up, and I'm on a Pentium :-)

	pc-ketil% time guile -c "(quit)"
	guile -c (quit)  0.31s user 0.07s system 31% cpu 1.211 total

Just so this won't be a yet-another-penis-comparision posting, it
appears to me that Guile isn't all that suitable for interactive use.
Is there any reason it doesn't do readline?   I tried to dynamic-link it
and use it from within Guile, but I couldn't work out how to do anything
sensible with the return value (I only got the NEWS file as
documentation:-)

Would it be useful to extend Guile with (what I think is called) a
listener?  Or has it been done already?

~kzm