Re: gEdit (Text Editor)

Alex Roberts <robo@earthling.net> writes:

> With nothing better to do, and to learn how to program X/GTK, I am
> writing a text editor utility.

ehm, why yet another editor!? Can't you try to contribute to the word
processor that is discussed in this mailing list!? It's sort of an
editor, too. But should be something different and more valuable in
the long running. We have thousands of free editors but no really word
processor that can compete with M$ Word. The latter is very very
important for GNOME. If the word processor is to big, why not try an
presentation application that is needed to demonstrate GNOME on a
conference later this year ...

Thanks
     Christian

--