Re: $1000 donation from debian

At 10:48 PM 2/6/98 -0700, Trent Jarvi wrote:

>Its easy to get lost in the details of daily activities.  But I put forth the
>following as fact open to peer review.  Miguel has done an outstanding job
>promoting the interests of almost everyone on this list and giving miguel
>$1k for the sole purpose of buying home equipement intended for further
>development of free software is aceptable.  This equipment is not to be the
>property of anyone other than miguel (universities or otherwise).

I have to agree. Not only in Miguel an excellent project leader, he is a
fantastic coder. I love mc, the XgtkHTML widget, all the stuff he writes.
So useful and stable. I hope to one day be as prolific. But the funding
should be used for advancing GNOME in particular, not just free software in
general. So Miguel, what can you do with $1000?

M.Watson redline at pdq dot net