Re: How to gnome/CORBA?

>> So OpenDoc fits the free software environment more so than a
>> monolithic corporation, eh?  Now that the OpenDoc source is
>> available, and OpenDoc is CORBA-compliant, perhaps we could use
>> OpenDoc for our document model??

We need an OpenDoc entry for the FAQ.

>> Also, while on this subject, how will GNOME handle JavaBeans?

My understanding is that we're going to look at the CORBA component
model, once it is published.  That is expected in April (?).  It is
supposedly based on OpenDoc, and interoperates with Java Beans.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe you can get a pre-final version of the spec from
www.omg.org.

Tom