RE: How to gnome/CORBA?

> After reading the OpenDoc literature, it seems to be well-thought out,
> and the apps that _were_ built for it (CyberDog), were small, fast,
> extensible, and flexible.  And IBM wrote 1.2 to work over the network,
> using DSOM.  P.S.  With the source code of OpenDoc, we also get many
> details about SOM, IBM's Standard Object Model.

SOM is _System_ Object Model, which is CORBA-based.
I wasn't aware that OpenDoc source was available.  Cool.  I'll have to
check it out!

> Also, while on this subject, how will GNOME handle JavaBeans?  Maybe
> this would be something to go in the FAQ?

I believe SUN is already working on (or has finished) CORBA bindings for
JavaBeans allowing them to be seamlessly used in CORBA (likewise, Sun
supports / will support CORBA objects in Java).

Paul