Re: Gnome Developer's documentation.

Mark Galassi wrote:
> [I can't find it in the GNU standards right now] It is discouraged to
> try to write documentation from comments.  This is because very good
> documentation should be written with care for the whole context, and
> not just by extracting pasting pieces of information together.

A conterexample to what you said:
Have you read Qt's documentation? It is produced from the source
automatically. I believe that many programmer out there love Qt so much
because of its documentation, an important point which ist mentioned by
KDE people so often. And that's why the KDE people use DOC++ now. I've
used DOC++ and think it's good. But it has some defects too. It can only
produce LaTex and HTML documents, while c2man can also produce Texinfo
and man-page.
I've just looked c2man and find it usefull.
When we have a docbook backend for c2man, we can from a docbook document
include the documents produced from c2man.
--
Cheng-Chang Wu