Re: Help with DocBook

[DrMike had problems with the SGML/DocBook RPMs, and I'm posting this
for all to see just in case they are having similar problems with
DocBook installation.  I'm reading the big RPM book and I hope my
packaging will be better in the future.  Reminder: the DocBook tools
are at ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/home/rosalia/]

Hi Michael,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.  It took me a while to
realize what it might be.

The problem probably with your /usr/lib/sgml/CATALOG.  I will look
into making the RPMs more robust, but meanwhile can you check if it
is close to the attached CATALOG file?

I think the problem probably lies in the order in which the RPMs are
installed.  I am not very experienced with RPMs (and I inherited these
from someone else), but I thought that if the dependencies were all
OK, then people could do something like "rpm *.rpm" and have it all
work out.

Anyway, more later.  For now tell me if the catalog is OK.  If it is
not, then please "rpm -e" all the packages

rpm -e sgml-demo
rpm -e jadetex
rpm -e jade
rpm -e docbook
rpm -e stylesheets
rpm -e psgml
rpm -e sgml-common

and then install in this order:

rpm --install sgml-common*.rpm
rpm --install psgml*.rpm
rpm --install docbook*.rpm
rpm --install stylesheets*.rpm
rpm --install jade-1.0*.rpm
rpm --install jadetex*.rpm
rpm --install sgml-demo*.rpm

I think it should work now.  You can ignore the "owned by rosalia"
messages if you add the -vv option.

/usr/lib/sgml/CATALOG