RE: GNOME registry

It would be handy to be able to configure everything from one location.
To this end, I would love to have something like a control-center capplet
to configure them someday. But Apache, sendmail, and all the other
programs we're used to using already have standard locations for storing
their data and your chances of persuading the authors or maintainers of
those to optionally store their data in the GNOME registry is 0% or very
close. =)
I think making requests such as these from GNOME is asking too much.
However, making a GNOMEified configuration program or capplet or something
would be cool. I don't know enough about either sendmail or Apache
configuration to even be useful in helping something like that, but if you
do I'm sure it would be appreciated by many.

Cody