Disk Usage Monitor Applet & Sendmail Config is AWFUL :)

Greetings Gnome Users :))

Just a little bug report and a little opinion on things.  Regarding
the disk usage applet, Been having severe problems with it as of late.
 I like to add autohiding edge panels to the sides and top with
various applets on them.  When I add the disk usage applet, actually 4
of them, everything works fine and dandy, but on some certain
occasions, that I cant replicate with any certainty, the disk usage
applet takes down all my panels like a house of cards.  Is there
anything I can do to find out why it's causing this problem ?

George: Why no auto-hide feature on corner panels ? I'd love to have
them disappear :)

Raster: any possible way to inform E of where the gnome-panel resides
(only panels that aren't on auto-hide), so when a window is maximized
(vertically/horizontally or both), it wont reach over the panel ?

last little note.. a while ago, some of you were a little distraught
at the idea that users wouldn't setup Sendmail config (balsa
discussion.)  As many new users will be using gnome in the very near
future, why ask a new user to be able to understand total gibberish
like this

# strip angle brackets -- note RFC733 heuristic to get innermost item
R$*                     $: < $1 >                       housekeeping <>
R$+ < $* >                 < $2 >                       strip excess
on left
R< $* > $+                 < $1 >                       strip excess
on right
R<>                     $@ < @ >                        MAIL FROM:<>
case
R< $+ >                 $: $1                           remove
housekeeping <>

# make sure <@a,@b,@c:user@d> syntax is easy to parse -- undone later
R@ $+ , $+              @ $1 : $2                       change all ","
to ":"

I've been using linux just over 2 years now, I havent bothered to
setup sendmail, why?  its a huge task trying to understand how to
config it, and for a stand-alone system? (come on)  XFMail provides
all my needs for now, although a little ugly, it's a wonderful piece
of software.  Good gawd only knows why i'm using yahoo mail for the
gnome-list. Maybe sometime I'll figure out how to setup sendmail,
maybe not.

Cheers:)

==