Re: GMC Network

Harald Holzer wrote:
>I think the best feature of the win32 fs is the use from the unc name
>system.
>You can open or save a file from the server without mapping a drive letter
>(like mounting in unix.)
Yeah. You only have to know which protocol you need to talk to which
particular server, as shown in the examples below. Not what sysadmins
want. Remember there are guys out there who have to spend long hours
telling unix-ignorant people how to do things. Now imagine things are
done in ten different ways.
>A sample:
>if you want to open a file in or word processor, you write a file name like
>smb://server/work/myfile.doc in the opendialogbox
>(or http://server/work/myfile.doc or save or work on
>ftp://server/work/myfile.doc)
Nope. Mount it and access it as if it were a local directory. Uniform
access is the key. And nothing needs to be added to gmc.
-Daniel