Re: STABLE gnome-libs/core compile on HPUX bug report

[ utmp handlig on new glibc systems ]

> I've been getting this on my RedHat Intel system with bleeding edge glibc
> version.  I reported this bug a few days ago, but there's been no answer.
> I think the zvt maintainer may be on vacation.

I know about this issue with the latest glibc.

Now the problem here is:

   It is not a matter of just detecting at configure time if the
   function is there or not, we need to know what is the new and
   proper technique to do utmp/wtmp logging in the new glibc.

   I seem to rememeber that they now have some sort of set-uid daemon
   that does the logging.  Can someone find this out?

Miguel.