Re: STABLE gnome-libs/core compile on HPUX bug report
- From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel nuclecu unam mx>
- To: dzol virtual-yellow com, drepper cygnus com
- CC: Newcombe mordor clayton edu, gnome-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: STABLE gnome-libs/core compile on HPUX bug report
- Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 12:44:15 -0600
[ utmp handlig on new glibc systems ]
> I've been getting this on my RedHat Intel system with bleeding edge glibc
> version. I reported this bug a few days ago, but there's been no answer.
> I think the zvt maintainer may be on vacation.
I know about this issue with the latest glibc.
Now the problem here is:
It is not a matter of just detecting at configure time if the
function is there or not, we need to know what is the new and
proper technique to do utmp/wtmp logging in the new glibc.
I seem to rememeber that they now have some sort of set-uid daemon
that does the logging. Can someone find this out?
] [Thread Prev