gdm broken?

Hi,

On my machine, the call to gdm_slave_windows_kill() results in the gdm
slave killing itself, and the login doesn't go anywhere...

Interestingly enough, I have DEBUG = 1, but there is no log of "killing
child %ld".

If I comment out XKillClient, it behaves differently to commenting out
gdm_slave_windows_kill().  It works if I comment out the latter, but
with the former, I must manually kill the window manager, and then it
logs in nicely.  (Bazaar!)

I don't really have time to look into this further (I'll answer q's,
etc. - just I can't spend hours debugging it, if you know
what I mean...) - hope this helps.

Andrew Clausen