RE: Enlightenment 0.15 slowing down kernel clock?

On Terca-feira, 29 de Dezembro de 1998 10:55, Pavel Polischouk
[SMTP:pavelp@geocities.com] wrote:
> "Igor S. Livshits" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Seems that the enlightenment-0.15-5 rpm distributed with gnome-0.99
slows
> > down my kernel clock to about 1/5 the speed of time. Has anyone else
> > encountered a similar problem? Any work-around?
> >

> I have something like this, but it seems to be XFree86 problem. For me
it's
> enough to start X server and I get absolutely the same behaviour (clock
is
> slowed down ~5 times). I noticed, however, that this does not happen
EVERY
> time that I run X server, sometimes it didn't happen. If this is a bug in
> XFree, in my case it occurs upon server start, in your case, E may
trigger
> it.
>
> > I am running a RH Linux 5.2 on a Dell i686.
> >

> My setup:
> IBM IntelliStation MPro, Permedia2 board.
> RH 5.2
> Xfree-3.3.3, 3DLabs server
> kernel: 2.1.131 and 2.1.132.
> Problem appears without any GNOME app started.

I don't know if this is a topic for this list but anyway I find it very
curious because I have a similar problem. My config is RH 5.2 (kernel
2.0.32 I suppose, instaled it this weekend), Xfree-3.3.3 (Installed
yesterday), 3DLabs server (I have a Creative Labs Exxtreme card with 4MB -
which means _Permedia 2_ chip). I have the normal RH50 X config
(fvwm-2,...). No E and no Gnome. When I start the X server everything
becomes really slow and it stays slow even after I exit X. A shutdown will
bring the thing back to normal.

How do I check the CPU clock speed ?

> PS. I think it will prove to be the non-gnome related problem, so we'd
> better move it to appropriate newsgroup/mailing list.
What is the appropriate list for this ?