gnome-gen-mimedb crashes

For several months, I was able to compile rpms of gnome-libs.  Lately I have
been unable to, because the build terminates with an error.  It looks like
happens during the installation phase of the "rpm -ba" (if that is correct
term).  I had never had to do anything special to get the build to work.
This is the latest CVS (the .spec file still says the version is 0.30).
has not worked for several days.

../libgnome/gnome-gen-mimedb /var/tmp/gnome-libs-root/usr/etc/mime-magic
make[1]: *** [install-data-local] Segmentation fault (core dumped)
make[1]: Leaving directory
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
Bad exit status from /usr/tmp/rpm-tmp.11295 (%install)