Compile problems libgtop

I tried compiling the libgtop and got this error message:

netload.c: 180: parse error.

I've upgraded sysklogd and gettext, and everything else builds except
for this.

Not that I haven't had to reboot a couple of times to get out of frozen
screens, but....

I'm running RedHat 5.1 with upgrades, but not with the upgraded kernel
or the latest 5.2 compiler and libs.  If this is something that would be
solved by upgrading the glibs and the compiler, I'll be getting a new
box soon enough, but if there's another fix, I'd like to get gtop back.

--
Rebecca Ore
SF writing and NOC work