Re: Staroffice / KDE withouth KWM

[mosfet@localhost /home/mosfet]$ kpanel --help
Desktop Panel for the KDE Desktop Environment
Permitted arguments:
-help: displays this message
-version: displays the version number
-no-KDE-compliant-window-manager: force startup without
           initializing the module communication
And all KApplication and Qt-toolkit arguments.

Use the last one for now kwm window managers ;-)

>> "5.1 Why should I use kwm?
>>

>> I spent several days in learning how to configure 10 different window
>> mangers. Now that I have 678 lines of resource files doing exactly what
>> I want, you are coming along and want to take my window manager away!
>>
>> Answer: You should not, it is only a free offer. KDE supports all
>> current window managers, but to get the full benefits it is recommended
>> you use kwm. "

I feel that it should be pointed out here that it's support of "all window
managers" does not extend to the panel.  If you are not running KWM or the 1
other WM that is KDE complient, then the panel just won't work.