Re: gnome-perl reorg?

On 24 Dec 1998, Sam Vilain wrote:
> "Tuomas J. Lukka" <lukka@fas.harvard.edu> writes:
>
> > I don't know what would be the best way to do this - delete all the
> > current files and make new directories and import the new files or
> > alternatively make a new top-level directory "gnome-perl-new" and
> > move that to gnome-perl after it works.
> > There are some changes in CVS that will have to be remerged to the
> > author's versions but fixing this split would be quite important IMHO.
>
> Just remember CVS is pretty braindead when it comes to moving files
> about.  ie, you can't - you must delete and then add (the "filename"
> is the unique identifier used to identify files in the CVS repository,
> as opposed to an inode in the ufs world).

Ok, right now I'm trying to back up my latest changes and am
running into trouble - somehow the cvs directory got locked and is
not getting unlocked - there must be an infinite loop bug somewhere
in CVS.

I'd really appreciate it if someone showed me exactly how to back
out changes - started by trying update -D"6 hours ago" but then I can't
commit - now I started trying making symbolic tags but it is not working
because of the lock.

	Tuomas