Re: your mail

On Tue, 22 Dec 1998, Reid, Rowan (GSP) wrote:

> Well, i am a gnewbie to linux, somewhat.   I have suffered the
> frustration of compiling software and downloading every library gnown to
> man. SO I figured before I get involved with the world of Gnome.  I
> would get some advice.   I have
>
> RedHat5.1
> using Xfree86 3.3.3
>
> what do I need to do to load all the most up to date gnome stuff.  what
> should I be looking out for.

Depends on what you're looking for.  If you want to develop for GNOME, go
to the cvs server.  Instructions are in the GNOME FAQ:
   http://www.gnome.org/gnomefaq/FAQ.html

If you want to use GNOME, go to the RPM's (From the FTP server, they
are the latest version).  Instructions are in the GNOME User Manual:
   http://www.gnome.org/start/gnome-0.99.0-userguide/book1.html

Welcome to GNOME.  If you have problems or questions, this list is the
place to ask.

Best of Luck,
-Gleef