Re: Failed to build GNOME at Tue Dec 22 04:48:51 CST 1998 (fwd)

using the -r flag to CVS specifies a tag to check out on the CVS (so a tag
is basically a set of revisions for the different files).  For branches,
you have a sticky tag that gets moved when new checkings are made to that
branch (GNOME_STABLE and HEAD for example).

So -r whatever will do what you think it does.  Note that AFAIK, only
gnome-libs and gnome-core have stable 1.0 branches so far.  For other
packages, you are probably best checking out off the head (except for
things like ORBit where you may be using the FOR_PANEL tag).

Jame Henstridge.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/