Re: My Little Wish List for Gnome

---Jan Gentsch <gentsch@ifm.uni-hamburg.de> wrote:

> >         7) gcalc is a nice app, but some of those buttons need
colour dont ya
> > think ?:)
>Much more important would be to be able to use the keypad!!!

Ahh, a very good point indeed, although i never use the keypad, I'm
sure some people cant live without it when calculating lots of numbers
(i'm just not very efficient with the keypad)

> >         8) question maybe: Can individual users setup their own
> > ~/share/apps/, so when Gmenu is run normal users can change the way
> > the menu is setup. As it right now, only root has privelages to
write
> > to that directory (and all the desktop files/.order/etc), and
> > supposing everybody else could write to /usr/local/share/apps/, they
> > would change the look of everybody else's panel menu,, maybe I'm
> > missing something here , but each user should be able to customize
the
> > look of their desktop ?
> >
> Kind of a diff configuration. That would be nice. For now I guess you
> are best off creating a User Menu using the Menu Editor and adding
that
> to the panel.
> By the way I find the Menu Editor not very intuitive.

Agreed on that point, The menu editor acts *strange*, changing icons
requires a right click or something like that, then each one has to be
saved before another one can be created, it's just wierd :((

> >        10) When I run Ghex or Balsa or a number of other gnome apps,
> > Sometimes I use the short cut keys, ie. Alt-f  for the file menu.
But
> > unfortunately when I try to use short cuts for subsequent options in
> > that menu, it doesn't work. ie. in Ghex I use alt-f to open the file
> > menu, when i press cntrl -o to open a file, nothing happens, nor any
> > of the other short cuts in that menu :((( Unfortunately this may
be a
> > window manager issue (using Enlightenment right now) as none of my
> > other key-macros work after I hit alt-f originally.  (alt-f1 , f2,
etc
> > to switch desktops do not work :(((()
> Doesn't just o work ?

Point well taken, o does work. But I was under the assumption if there
is an underscore in one of the menu options, the alt-key would always
work.

And of course there still remains a problem, the alt-f1 alt-f2, etc in
Enlightenment are still locked out during this operation.  And on top
of that, When I run alt-f in ghex (or any other similar application),
I am not able to switch to another menu bar menu. Ie. alt-f opens the
file menu in ghex, I cant continue with an alt-v for the view menu or
alt-h for the help menu, till i unleash the original alt-f menu :~(((((

> Jan

==