Kernelconfiguration with control-center ui ?

Hi Gnomers !

I know this isnt the right time with the code-freeze and all but:

I sat down and played around with control-center this evening and a
little idea took shape ...

It would be totally awesome to have the kernelconfiguration made by a
control-center like thing, that is, you have a tree menu on the left
with all options (network,filesystems etc) in it and the options on the
right.

This thing could keep in mind where/what you have configured or not and
show this with lights or something on the top. It wouldbe nice if it
could help you with the installation to.(make the image config lilo etc)

Im no more than a wannabe programmer so this may be WAY of, but it would
be really cool and USEFUL.

Well, if its stupid - please ignore this mail. Or is this already beeing
worked on ?

Regards

Myrridin