gnome-terminal random limitation

Well, I was impressed with the rendering speed of gnome terminal, and
was thinking of switching from rxvt to gnome terminal, but the silly
limitation of 1000 lines of scrollback has stopped me.  I use 4096 lines
in my rxvt sessions and was thinking that I should probably increase
that.

Why the limitation?

michaelkjohnson

 Linux Application Development       http://www.redhat.com/~johnsonm/lad/