glib compilation problem (threads) since about releasing 1.1.8 (sorryfor the lost attachment)

Hi!

  I  cannot  compile  glib  until  the 1.1.8  release.  The  problem  is
  described in the attachment.
I use an  old redhat release, glibc 2.0.7, XFree86  3.3.2, Linux 2.1.131
ac 11.
I am  no the member of  the gtk-list, if  you know what the  problem is,
please write me back.
The  version is  the  glib is  the current  version  from the  gnome-cvs
(that's why I send this letter to both list).

  Thank you for the help,

Workaround: I  tried to compile newer  libc (2.0.106), but I  cannot use
it, only  if I remove the  old one. It is  not enough that the  new libc
is   installed    to   a   different   directory,    and   specify   the
-I/opt/glibc/include -L/opt/glibc/lib,  because the  "ld" is  newer, and
needs different symbols. Can  you tell me how can I  use both version of
libcs, or can you tell me what is the problem with this?

dLux
--
                == Magzar billentzuyet ruley ==

outglib.gz