Re: CVS doesn't like its own checkouts???

+----- From: Jonathan Sergent <sergent+gnome@kgb.etla.net>
| In message <Pine.LNX.3.96.981219083944.7937B-100000@spootown>, Gleef writes:
|  ] It's been happening since long before GNOME_STABLE has been a tag, but so
|  ] far my commands pretty much match yours.  I only see it during a checkout
|  ] of an existing module, but as included modules come and go, one has to
|  ] recheckout regularly to catch the new modules.
|
| That's just the thing.  Don't checkout existing modules; update them.
+--->8

Two weeks ago "update -dP" was deprecated as doing the wrong thing with
submodules.  Have the rules changed again, and if so why wasn't there an
announcement?

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu