Re: GNOME needs VA's help?

On Thu, Dec 17, 1998 at 04:01:12PM -0500, sml13@cornell.edu wrote:
> I don't claim to be that much of a representative of the Gnome hacker
> community.  I'm more the type who is constantly downloading the tree to
> build the cool new features that are being added to gnome on a daily
> basis and then complaining about the build breaking (and begging for
> help on gnome-list, hopefully contributing some semi-useful bug reports
> in the process :-).  But I would love to continue helping out along these
> lines
> until I do know the API's well enough to contribute as a "hacker."
> Perhaps there is someone at RHAD who would be a better contact on the
> Gnome end for a collaborative hardware relationship.  But, if they are too
> busy hacking (as I suspect they are), I would be happy to help
> coordinate the acquisition of and/or administrate a
> Tinderbox server if appropriate.

I have to say I'm a lot like Shane in that respect too -- downloading until
something works -- but I'd be willing to help administer such a system.  I'm
currently working as an undergrad for the TAMU Physics Dept. as a
webmaster/sysop.  I've been looking into putting out website into CVS and
also setting up bonsai so at least those of us developing our website can
see how things are being changed -- we have about as many cgi scripts as
regular html files (I'm currently trying to figure out a way to make our
site themeable - each person can decide how _they_ want to see it - a la E)..

While I wouldn't want to be the sole proprieter of such a venture, I'd be
willing to lend a hand where I could.
--
Jim Smith            | Email: j-smith@physics.tamu.edu