GNOME install failed

I've purchased and installed Official Red Hat Linux 5.2 (installing all
packages and default services). I then tried to install GNOME by doing
the following (as described at www.gnome.org/start/getting_rh.shtml):

- I ran: "rpm -Uhv xscreensaver-2.34-1.i386.rpm" from the Red Hat CD and
was notified that the package was already installed.

- I then ran "install-gnome" from the Red Hat CD. I chose to install all
packages (default) as well as the development tools. A progress bar
appears for a split second. Then I receive the following:

GNOME install failed with the following error from rpm:

failed dependencies:
imlib = 1.8 is needed by imlib-cfgeditor-1.8-5

Did I do something wrong? I was pretty sure I followed the instructions
as explained at "getting_rh.shtml". Is this a common problem? Is there a
common solution? Am I a hopelessly doomed newbie?

Thanks,
David