Re: File selection dialog changes

In message <199812151948.UAA12256@grynet.passagen.se>, Richard Hult writes:
+-----
| > Yipes!  Think this one through very carefully!  Consider the
| > following quote from the Interface Hall of Shame, in a section
> ( deletia )
| The more extreme things that are mentioned in the hall of shame is
| probably just confusing and shouldn't be in the dialog though.
+--->8

In any case, WordPerfect started this particular bit of silliness and it made
its way into Win95/98/NT because it was *useful*.  Admitted, generalized open
from a "save as" dialog is dubious, but basic file manager ops strike me as a
good idea.

(IOW CORBA is probably out of place here.  If you think you need it,
reconsider whether the functionality you're after belongs in a file dialog.)

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu