Re: [gnome-list-request gnome org: Re: CVS debacle]

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, Michael Robinson wrote:

> I've heard that some projects actually maintain a regression test suite to
> prevent exactly this problem.  And when people introduce new features, they
> are expected to contribute appropriate tests to the suite.

This is a Good Thing, but it isn't really practical until you have some
minimal level of feature-stability. Right now it would just make
development go much slower. (It's also a bit tricky with GUI stuff.)

So we're falling back to the simple way: releases and mass beta testing.
Get ready to break stuff over the next month, now that we're feature
frozen it's time for the fix-fest. Fire up gdb and download the
tarballs as soon as they hit the net...

Havoc