Re: Control Center

On Sun, Dec 13, 1998 at 03:14:31PM -0500, Todd Graham Lewis scribbled:
> I agree with both the diagnosis and the prescription.  The CC UI is
> counterintuitive in the manner described, and Netscape's approach is
> a good one to emulate.
>
> $0.02

  Ok, I finally sat down and fiddled with the control-center to get it working
the way I was thinking.  This may be a little bit of a band-aid but I'm
not sure.  There are some old functions that I left and the notebook is
still there, just hidden, but it works the way I was describing.  I've
attached the output of 'cvs -z3 diff -c' in control-center/control-center
to this message; I'm still not completely familiar with CVS, so I don't
know whether that generates a patch.  Anyway, I hope this is useful (or I
wouldn't be posting it to the list!).

--
  Daniel Burrows

"I think that the surest sign that there is intelligent
 life out there is that none of it has tried to contact us."

  -- _Calvin and Hobbes_, Bill Watterson

PGP signature