Re: bad drawable error / hint -> could someone investigate further?
- From: Herbert Valerio Riedel <hvr hvrlab ml org>
- To: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik pobox com>
- cc: balsa-list gnome org, gnome-list gnome org, gnome-hackers gnome org
- Subject: Re: bad drawable error / hint -> could someone investigate further?
- Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 18:33:03 +0100 (CET)
On Sat, 12 Dec 1998, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> I am not an X color expert, so maybe someone else can beat me to this
> (possibly imlib) problem. This occurs on a 16bpp display, RH5.2/Alpha.
neither am I... :-)
> Gdk-ERROR **: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
> serial 77 error_code 9 request_code 53 minor_code 0
well, I got that error too, for almost every gnome-app using gnome-libs...
I finally succeded to track it down to the changes made between the 2
revisions 1.57 and 1.58 of gnome-libs/libgnomeui/gnome-init.c
but I have not enough time to look deeper into it... I hope someone can do
it for me :) otherwise it won't run on linux/axp rh5.2
"The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour to
lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the
fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate technology, led them into
it in the first place." - Douglas Adams, on Windows '95.
] [Thread Prev