Re: bad drawable error / hint -> could someone investigate further?

On Sat, 12 Dec 1998, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> I am not an X color expert, so maybe someone else can beat me to this
> (possibly imlib) problem.  This occurs on a 16bpp display, RH5.2/Alpha.
[...]
neither am I... :-)

> Gdk-ERROR **: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
>   serial 77 error_code 9 request_code 53 minor_code 0
[...]

well, I got that error too, for almost every gnome-app using gnome-libs...
I finally succeded to track it down to the changes made between the 2
revisions 1.57 and 1.58 of gnome-libs/libgnomeui/gnome-init.c

but I have not enough time to look deeper into it... I hope someone can do
it for me :) otherwise it won't run on linux/axp rh5.2

So long...
--
"The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour to
lead all customers out of a mire of  technological chaos neatly ignores the