RE: FW: gnome

Well as to how old VFS is it dosn't matter much because thare are not many
programs that take advantage of it. As far as I know only programs that take
advantage of libvfs is mc, gnome and kde. As to ftp and tar files, I would
love to be able to mount these and use them with all programs. The only way
to do this is to let the kernel do its job and have the filesystem in the
kernel or have it be an NFS server. The NFS server is better in this
situation because it works on closed sorced oses.