Re: FW: gnome

F> As to why should it be in the kernel. It is the kernels
F> job. Writeing a VFS library requires programs to be spacificly
F> programmed for it and it bypasses security. The reason why normal
F> users cant mount is because of security.

You are _really_ confusing me!  Are you saying that root should be
able to control which tar files users can open and which FTP servers
users can go to?  So we should move this functionality into the kernel
and take it out of the tar and ftp programs?  I guess root really
needs to be able to limit my ability to open a zip file.

Please, tell me what you're smoking.  We aren't changing security at
all by moving functionality from user applications to a user library.

--
Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - By consent of the corrupted
If in doubt, mumble.