Re: GTK/GNOME client for FreeCiv

*-lduperval@sprint.ca

| Hi,
|
| I just installed the latest version of FreeCiv. I find it's pretty good
| and even has some features that CIV II lacks. But I don't like the
| Athena widgets. Has anyone begun a port of the client to use GTK?

Not really an answer to your question, but...

There is a project called Zinc (Zinc Is Not Civ) that are trying to
make a better freeciv. We intend to write a gnome client (among
other clients - clean client/server interface). We still have a long
way to go, though.

@begin advertisement
We are also short on time and we could use more coders. People with
time to spare and some interest are invited to reply to me privately.

Very incomplete webpage at http://master.debian.org/~olet/zinc.hmtl
@end advertisement

--
Eschew obfuscation    (go on; look them both up)
                                   (Brian White)