Problems in all gnome modules forgetting to include -lintl

Hi,

I built a gnome from CVS this morning on a Slackware 3.6 box and I had a
hell of a time with it.

First problem is a minor one:  one or more gnome packages require the
popt headers, but this is not indicated anywhere in the docs that I know
of and finding the source to popt is almost impossible, until you notice
that it is its own package in CVS.  Argh.

Second and far worse problem:  Something with the *-config scripts,
./configure, automake, autoconf, or SOMETHING is forgetting to include
-lintl in every Makefile.  For instance, this is what I get when I try
to compile gnome-libs:

.libs/libgnome.so: undefined reference to `dgettext'
.libs/libgnome.so: undefined reference to `bindtextdomain'

If I edit the Makefile to read INTL_LIBS = -lintl, then it compiles and
runs just fine.  I could (and did) do this for the 10^8 or so Makefiles
required to build gnome, but what pain!  Does anyone know what the
problem is?

BTW, all my libraries and tools are up to date, including gettext.

Cheers,
Jeffrey
--
Jeffrey Baker