Re: Error Running Panel

> George Lebl wrote:
>
> On Wed, Dec 09, 1998 at 02:08:45AM -0600, Thomas Jerome Muldowney wrote:
> > Everything is up to date from CVS (12/9/98 - 0100 CST).  If someone could
> > point me in the right direction I would be greatful.  Thank you.
>
> check out about a 2 week old panel .. or wait for about 2 weeks ... the
> panel is broke now and I'll fix it ... but it's almost finals and
> school just sucks

Aha! You concede that it is broken. But how then whould you explain that
it works for some people? Sombody even claimed it works on one
computer and des not on the other. May be it is dependent upon
location of the GNOME root?
Anyway I tried fresh compile out of CVS last night (glib, gtk+,
libIDL, ORBit, gnome-lib and gnome-core) and now itis more verbose and
actually crash instead of just hanging:
[sipan@sipan sipan]$ panel
goad_id:gen_util_clock
GONE THROUGH ONE
NOT FOUND

GLib-CRITICAL **: file gstrfuncs.c: line 1069 (g_strchug): assertion
`string != NULL' failed.

GLib-CRITICAL **: file gstrfuncs.c: line 1084 (g_strchomp): assertion
`string != NULL' failed.
Gdk-Message:
** ERROR **: sigsegv caught

I did not look at the code or "the dead body" yet.

  Sergey