gnome-libs CVS problems

Hey...

I recently (12/8) retrieved the latest CVS files from gnome-libs, since
it's been about a month between updating my local copy. It would
appear, though that the installation has changed alot since my last d/l
and compile. When I attempt to run autogen.sh I get a whole list of
error messages (see below) that I just don't quite understand (I'm
still grappling with automake -- can't seem to find any documents on
the process).

Okay here's a sampling of the error messages...

configure.in: 61: required file './ABOUT-NLS' not found
gtk-xmhtml/Makefile.am:127: variable 'INTLLIBS' not defined
libgnome/Makefile.am:237: variable 'INTLLIBS' not defined
(these messages regarding INTLLIBS continue for libgnomeui, libgnorba,
zvt, test-suite and gnome-hello)
libgnorba/Makefile.am:630: variable 'ORBIT_LIBS' not defined
support/Makefile.am:979: @LTLIBOBJS@ seen but never set in
'configure.in'
configure.in:34: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow
cross compiling
./configure: syntax error near unexpected token
'AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h)'
./configure: ./configure: line 535: 'AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h)

>From what I *do* understand, I noticed that there is no intl directory
in gnome-libs (checked Bonsai, and it doesn't show up there either).
Shouldn't there be one in there? Anyway, if someone can help a newbie
out here, it would be greatly appreciated. I've already gotten ORBit,
gtk+, glib, gtk-engines compiled and installed. I'm running RH5.1.

Thanks in advance.

D.