Re: gnome-libs + Debian = chokes!

On 07 December, 1998 - Erik Andersen sent me these 0.9K bytes:

> On Mon, 7 Dec 1998, Hawlisch Martin wrote:
>
> > I'm using Debian too, but I don't use the packages because I ran into
> > version problems too. I'm now using all the stuff (glib, gtk+,
> > gtk-engines, imlib, audiofile, esound, ORBit, gnome-libs, ...) from CVS.
> > Works fine.
> >

> I started down that path, but imlib won't compile with libpng 1.0.2.
> For some strange reason it wants 1.0.1, which is not available at the
> upstream site.  I checked at ftp.redhat.com, and I only saw linpng 1.0.2,
> which is what Debian has.  I have no idea how to get the right lib source,
> so it won't build.

IIRC, libpng 1.0.2 has a totally broken alpha-implementation.. Sources
can be found at ftp.cdrom.com/pub/png/src/

They have both 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 (guess why...)

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, stric@ing.umu.se, http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student of Computer Science at the University of Umeå