cannot install - imlib problem

Hi all,
Using the gnome files on the redhat 5.2 CD, I cannot complete the
installation because it claims that I do not have imlib-1.8 installed.
Simply using RPM, imlib-1.8 *IS* installed on my system. Forcing a
re-install of imlib did nothing to remedy this. I would love to get an
answer to solve this problem.
Many thanks,
kevin

|Something there is that doesn't love a wall  |       Kevin Whilden        |
|That sends the frozen-ground-swell under it  | kwhilden@u.washington.edu  |
|And spills the upper boulders in the sun     | Dept. of Geologic Science  |
|And makes gaps that even two can pass abreast| University of Washington   |
|			-- Robert Frost	      |(206)543-1975(w) 632-5140(h)|