More gnome-libs build problems

I _hope_ this hasn't been addressed before (I did a quick check but this
question could be old news) ...

Running autogen.sh in gnome-libs (Dec 5) gives me:

processing .
Running gettextize...  Ignore non-fatal messages.
Any pre-existing gettext source file will be removed.
You should update your own aclocal.m4 by merging into it the contents of
                /usr/local/share/gettext/aclocal.m4
Running libtoolize...
You should add the contents of `/usr/local/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to `aclocal.m4'.
Running aclocal  -I macros ...
aclocal: configure.in: 61: macro `AM_GNU_GETTEXT' not found in library

Running autoheader...
Running automake --gnu  ...
gtk-xmhtml/Makefile.am:127: variable `INTLLIBS' not defined
libgnome/Makefile.am:235: variable `INTLLIBS' not defined
libgnome/Makefile.am:240: variable `INTLLIBS' not defined
[ ... a whole bunch of these ...]

And it seems to be down hill from there.  gettext _is_ installed.  Am I
missing other dependencies?  AFAIK gnome-libs only needs ORBit?

Thanks,
Jason.