Re: [Q] gdm install failure.

>>>>> "Bertrand" == Bertrand Guiheneuf <Bertrand.Guiheneuf@inria.fr> writes:

Bertrand> Thanks fro your answer. It was rather logical, sorry...
Bertrand> anyway, I tried that thus, but the :0.log tells me
Bertrand> gdmgreeter is not allowed to access the 0.0 server at all,
Bertrand> so no gdmgreeter at all this time :-(

Bertrand> Do I still miss something obvious ?

Check the permissions on your <prefix>/var/gdm directory. It should be
owned by gdm.gdm, mode 750.

--
Martin Kasper Petersen			BOFH, IC1&2, Aalborg University, DK
mailto:mkp@SunSITE.auc.dk		http://www.socsci.auc.dk/~mkp/