Re: keyboard (open question at end)

>     Well, a decade ago such a thing would have been slow to update and
> fairly expensive.  It probably wouldn't have been all that reliable
> either.  It may be (almost) practical now.  It could probably be built for
> something around $200 USD ($20 processor, $10 memory, $15 case/mechanics,
> maybe about $5 for a USB connection, and the rest for the keys...), but
> it's still probably too "out there" for the mainstream market.  The
> reliability problem would be greatly reduced, though.
>
>     I'd buy one, of course, and I know some other people who would too,
> but it may not be enough to make a market yet.
>
>     OTOH, this may be practical soon.  In which case, it might be worth
> putting the hooks into the appropriate software in preparation for the
> day; it might even improve the chances of it happening.

That price might be for 1 unit but in bulk it would cost maybe 10$..
excepting the screen....

For example.... do you want to know how much it costs to build a fire
wire PCI card.... $0.90 US.... The electronics would be super cheep
maybe $5 with connectors.... the Case might be $5.... Maybe... if your
volume was small... the screen would expensive part... I don't know how
much that would cost.....

Will