gnome-guile doesn't compile

Here are a few snippets from the configuration process. I don't know if
those "GUILE_LIBS not defined" warnings have anything to do with the
problem but I thought I should include them anyway.

Yes, I have installed guile, and gnome-guile has compiled successfully
until now...

Configure didn't seem to find libintl... Where can I get it from?

- Mika

Running autogen.sh in guile-gtk
automake: configure.in: installing `./install-sh'
automake: configure.in: installing `./mkinstalldirs'
automake: configure.in: installing `./missing'
Makefile.am:14: variable `GUILE_LIBS' not defined
Makefile.am:18: variable `GUILE_LIBS' not defined

processing ./guile-gtk
Running libtoolize...
Running aclocal  ...
Running autoheader...
Running automake --gnu  ...
Makefile.am:14: variable `GUILE_LIBS' not defined
Makefile.am:18: variable `GUILE_LIBS' not defined

checking for gettext in -lintl... no

building for gtk-1.1
./configure: syntax error near unexpected token `GNOME_CHECK_GUILE(fail)'
./configure: ./configure: line 1540: `GNOME_CHECK_GUILE(fail)'
configure: error: ./configure failed for guile-gtk