Re: esd problem

Yo> Michael Lausch wrote:
>>
>> I installed ALSA and the esd suddenly needs the alsa library. I
>> thought sound system specific is only in the server (esd)?
>>
>> i looked into the makefile and found that audio.o is put into  the
>> client lib. Is this on purpose?

Yo> Esd has a "fallback" feature, where if you try to play
Yo> an audio stream locally, and cannot successfully contact
Yo> an esd server, it will go directly to the audio card.

Yo> There is a configure option (--disable-alsa) if you do not want to
Yo> use the alsa drivers.

oh, i want to use the alsa driver.
I lokked around a little bit in the gnome-core sources and found that
rebuilding gnome-core changes the gnome-config program so that the
correct libraries are used.

Wouldn't it be much simpler to call esd-config in the gnome-config
shell script?
--
Michael Lausch/g.a.m.s. edv dienstleistungen gmbh
See my web page <http://www.lausch.at/> or query PGP key server for PGP key.