Re: capplets

jrb@redhat.com wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > Is it possible to have capplets execute in a different name-space to the
> > control-center?  i.e. is it possible to configure "down-stair's"
> > computer with "up-stair's" control-center?
>
> No, nor will it be likely be doable in the near future.  However, you can
> always run the control-center remotely...

I didn't think so :-(This was a rather obscure question, but the answer has
implications that I've been thinking about.  How could you make it work?

CORBA bindings for gtk/gnome?

Is it possible to hack a GtkContainer for the capplet that is corresponds to
the container in the control-center?  Basically, what is required to let
widgets run in different namespaces, but in the same window?

Andrew Clausen