Re: ESD?

On Sun, 29 Nov 1998, Alex Nicolaou wrote:

> While running autogen.sh for gnome-libs, I get:
>
> checking for ESD - version >= 0.2.5... no
> *** The esd-config script installed by ESD could not be found
> *** If ESD was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
> *** your path, or set the ESD_CONFIG environment variable to the
> *** full path to esd-config.
>
> I can't find this package. gnome-libs doesn't build for me if I ignore
> the error. Suggestions/comments?

It's the "Enlightenment Sound Daemon", in cvs under "esound".  It should
not be required to build gnome-libs, but it will give you GNOME sound
support.  My machine builds gnome-libs successfully without it.  I would
suspect that the error which gnome-libs fails with is further down in the
configuration.  Check out the bottom of the config.log file, it should
give you more detailed information about where configure is failing.

Best of Luck,
-Gleef