GNOME and mklinux

Since we're talking about porting, I thought I'd let everyone know that I'm
trying to build GNOME on mkLinux DR3. Has anyone tried that yet? As a
GNU-Linux and Mac user, I'm fond of both open source and good GUI API's, so
GNOME looks great to me. Now I want to get it working!

Is it possible to run GNOME on top of gtk+1.0.5? gtk+1.1.1 builds, but
doesn't run on my system (segmentation faults).

gtk+1.0.5 runs fine (actually, nice and fast), but I'm having problems
compiling gnome-libs-27 on top of that. I changed the required gtk version
in the configure script, but I'm getting some compilation errors.

So, my question is, how (if possible) can I get GNOME to build and run with
gtk+1.0.5? Thanks in advance...

-Josh